Oregon Pilots Association Annual Convention Information
SAVE the DATE: August 26, 2017!
2017 Oregon Pilots Association Annual Convention plan has been finalized and we are excited to have John and Martha King join us this year!
In addition to the Kings, AOPA will have Rusty Pilots presentation and AOPA NW Mountain Regional Manager will have a presentation as well.
AOPA presents Rusty Pilots Seminar
The Airplane Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) has put together a fun, interactive program that gives you all the information you need to get current again. Our dynamic presenters will bring you up to speed on hot-button issues like medical reforms, weather briefings, preflight planning, FARs, and airspace. You’ll leave the seminar with a logbook endorsement attesting that you’ve completed three hours of ground training toward your Flight Review.
SPEAKER: John and Martha King
“John and Martha King, Aviation’s Living Legends” AvBuyer Magazine
John and Martha King´s use of technology and clear, simple, and fun teaching techniques, have made aviation knowledge more accessible to pilots throughout the world.
King Schools has delivered millions of courses to pilots in training. John and Martha King have taught more pilots than anyone in the history of aviation.
SPEAKER: Warren Hendrickson from AOPA
Warren Hendrickson currently serves as the Northwest Mountain Regional Manager. He is responsible for general aviation state advocacy, policy and other aviation related issues in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado. Warren served as Executive Director of the Washington Airport Management Association (WAMA). Warren is a former Air Force Instructor Pilot and Delta Airlines Instructor Pilot.
Food and Event Information
For lunch, Tacos el Machin will have available, a truck just outside of the Expo Center for the pilots. If taco is not your thing, you have ample time to go visit the various food vendors across the street at the NW Art and Air Festival that will be in full swing.
Due to the 2017 OPA Annual Convention being held on the weekend of NW Art and Air Festival, we are anticipating a lot of airplanes in the air. This is primarily due to Albany-Lebanon EAA Chapter’s Young Eagles event where more than 200 children and teenagers will be flown by our volunteer pilots.
For this reason, we recommend that you inform us of your intentions on CTAF 122.8 so that we can guide you to your intended destination without too much fuss.
- During the summer months, wind generally favors Runway 34 so all information here will be based on using this Runway. Please note that Runway 34 is left traffic and with influx of Young Eagles flights, we highly recommend that you call in and be vigilant for traffic.
- 5 miles out, self-announce on 122.80
- Left downwind, self-announce and notify of your intentions: Day Transient or Camping.
- For pilots camping:
- Land and taxi all the way to the end of the runway and turn RIGHT (East).
- Please be cognizant of other campers/equipment/tents, etc and reduce power while taxing.
- Stop and back into your camping spot as close to each other as possible.
- Bring your own tie-downs and straps!!! Paved area has tie-down hooks but the chain might be shorter than needed. Grass area does not have any tie-downs at all so please bring your own.
- For transient pilots:
- After self-announcing on Down wind, Unicom will provide you with available space for parking your aircraft.
- There are two transient parking spaces so please look at the site plan above and taxi accordingly.
- For pilots camping:
Camping spots are available on a reservation basis. With limited number of camping spaces available, please make sure to email us: thann@InfiniteAirCenter.com to request your spot. Camping is FREE to pilots flying in.
Facilities are located in the Expo Center, a short walk from the camping area. Facilities have showers and restrooms and will be open the entire time.
Hotels and Transportation
We highly recommend that you fly in on Friday and stay until Sunday. NW Art and Air Festival happens during this weekend and you will be delighted with free concerts, hot air balloons, food vendors, art vendors, static displays at the airport, and other events. Free shuttle is available from the Expo Center to the park (NW Art and Air Festival), and to the airport (Young Eagles, static displays, food, etc).
Comfort Suites Albany and Best Western Prairie Inn has special airport rates so please make sure to ask for them.
- Comfort Suites Albany: $119 per night guaranteed
- Adjacent to the Linn County Expo Center where OPA Annual Convention is held
- Adjacent to Cascade Grill restaurant
- Best Western Prairie Inn: $89 and up depending on vacancy
- Adjacent to South Transient parking
- Adjacent to Lums Garden restaurant
Transportation is through Hertz Local Edition. Please call them and they will drop off the vehicle for you to use. Once you are done, you can leave it at the airport and they will pick them up.
Hertz Local Edition
Julie Van De Wetering (Branch Manager)
Looking forward to seeing you all! For any questions, please call 541.730.3345 or email thann@InfiniteAirCenter.com